the best option for high-END industries
All this means that the investment casting technique (compared to assembly, welding or forging) is the best option for high-end industries and the most demanding clients, for whom errors are not an option.
what are the 10 main advantages over other techniques ?
- Precision and reliability in the end result.
- Cost-effective, among other factors, if repeatability is applied.
- Speed of execution, especially in order renewals.
- Elimination of oxidation and metal contamination (with Vestshell’s method of pouring directly from the melting crucible to the mold).
- Quality control by N.D.T. testing when the foundry is certified.
- Complete freedom of design. No limit to the complexity and detail of parts.
- Prototyping using computer-aided techniques.
- Compliance with the strictest standards and dimensional tolerances.
- Little or no machining required.
- Some foundries, such as Vestshell, offer finished castings ready for assembly.